Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Sydney Royal Easter Show 2008




I went to Easter Show last Sunday. I have to say, I had fun and jolly good time there. Let me tell you a little bit about Easter Show:

The Sydney Royal Easter Show is the largest annual event staged in Australia, attracting an average of 900,000 Showgoer each year. Sydney Showground, at Sydney Olympic Park is transformed to play host to a festival that is unique to Australia and its diverse cultural and rural heritage.

The Show runs for 14 days over the Easter period, starting the day before Good Friday, Thursday 20 March and running until Wednesday 2 April. It is a pinnacle event enjoyed by Australians of all ages.

Each year, the Show aims to highlight Australian agricultural excellence through Competitions and education, while promoting national and international awareness of the country’s proud rural heritage.

Approximately 15,000 competitors submit some 35,000 entries for judging in over 40 diverse Sydney Royal Competitions spanning livestock, domestic animals, District Exhibits, apiculture, poultry, arts, woodchopping and horticulture to name but a few.

The Show is a festival of diversity, culture and lifestyle and a celebration of the legacy that is Australian agriculture. Sydney Showground literally overflows with entertainment, excitement and educational opportunities.

See that ride? That ride is called Air Crash!.. I have had enough of RIDE!!!! Phew, my worst 2 minutes nightmare..

1 comment:

to'Wan said...

arghhh shoot!!! i've my last chance to go to easter show but... Thinking of someone.. made me think that i'll be going with that person when my new friends ask me to join them. arghh.. but our plan is never perfect!! I missed my last chance....... sob sob..